Monday, April 12, 2010

Machine Quilting

When I can when I am machine quilting I usually work in layers. Because I do so much fusing I often leave top layers off until I have quilted the layers underneath. This allows me more freedom and less stopping and starting when I am quilting. Here are a few samples of what I mean. These two little quilts are tiny versions of my larger pattern quilts Autumn Mums and SunDance . In all of my patterns you receive the tiny version as well as the larger version of the quilt. You make the tiny versions using your left over scraps from making the bigger piece. I really love these tiny versions. You can see I have left off the center of the flowers so that I can stitch in the ditch around all the petals before I put on the centers. It is so much faster and easier this way.

IMG_3709

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3711

IMG_3712

IMG_3713

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Chin said...

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Thanks for sharing!

Diane J. Evans said...

Me either!! Great idea (it's kind of a V-8 moment for me . . .)!

Diane

Print this page