Saturday, July 5, 2008

Using Adobe Illustrator

Linda in Sarasota asked why I use Adobe Illustrator and not some other draw programs. I thought I would comment to all.
I first started using Coral Draw, which I liked very much. Caryl Bryer Fallert uses it and I took a class from her on how she uses it.
Several years ago I decided to take a class at the local community college with the idea of getting into graphic design. The industry standard is Adobe Illustrator, and Coral Draw is not taught or used. I also took a class in Quack a page layout program. It has now been replaced with Adobe's
product InDesign.
I find the product pretty easy to use. Getting used to the beizer tool took some doing, but it really isn't that hard. I certainly don't know all the ins and outs, but I have an easy time getting around. There are lots of great books out there on how to use the program. Periodically I take one out of the library and do the exercises in it. That really helps. But my version is older and I need to update it.
I keep meaning to take a class in Photoshop, because I know I would really use that. Maybe next year.
The programs are expensive, but if you take a class you get to buy it a student discount, well worth it I think. Think about what you pay for your sewing machines etc..

1 comment:

pandoraing said...

It's pandora bracelets the same thrill as walking in a room pandora jewellery with stacked floor to ceiling designer cheap pandora canada shoes in your size. I have never pandora bracelets sale been lucky enough to experience this, but pandora charms I am a woman and I have my pandora bangles fantasies. In fact, entire television series have pandora necklaces been written about this. It was pandora beads called Sex in the City. And, yes, the sex part was pandora earrings great, but the shoes were what we really pandora sets wanted.

Print this page