Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Understanding Thread Tension

I started sewing when I was 7 or 8 years old.

And like many girls at that age I was interested in stuffed animals, dolls and making clothes and outfits and homes and living spaces for all of them.

I really didn’t get interested in making clothes until I was in college.

BUT I have always wanted to make quilts.

One of the first magazines I ever subscribed to was Threads magazine.

Threads not only has articles about fashion and making clothes, but it has always been a pioneer in creative thinking related to sewing. NOT a craft magazine but a creative magazine.

I came across this article on their website about machine tension.

In my machine quilting classes people are always asking me about this subject.

Click on the link and go take a look.

Learn how to use the tension devices on your sewing machine and how to thread for proper tension.

I think you can print the article as well. It is a great resource to have in the drawer of your sewing cabinet, or even on your computer, if you can remember what file you put it in Smile

Happy SEWING today.

1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Very interesting and probably helpful later on when I am at my machine.

Print this page