Monday, June 25, 2012

Fusing for Fun, Liberation and Freedom

I don’t know if I ever mentioned why I fuse my quilts.

It has become so much of what I do I don’t think about the reasons anymore.
But maybe you would like to hear my reasoning.

I really, really, like the freedom fusing gives me in creating imagery.

I started out as a traditional quilter. Piecing and hand quilting.

But I kept getting ideas that just didn’t translate well with traditional pieced methods.

I begin to create these ideas with my own hand dyed fused fabrics.

I was just too impatient to hand turn my applique. And come on these are pieces that are going to hang on a wall not be laid on a bed.

Why oh why did I have to finish the edges. The fused applique if applied correctly isn’t going to come unstuck and I don’t NEED or WANT to wash my art.

So there it is in a nutshell, fast, efficient and fun. Liberated quilting.
abstractabstract2
barenakedshadowfall1fanderson_winterforest_full

IMG_00171IMG_1088IMG_1667
If it isn’t fun you shouldn’t do it!! That’s my motto and I’m sticking (pun) to it!

Happy Monday.Press ON!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I love it!!

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely as always! :)
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Print this page