Do you keep a journal or notebook with ideas?
Do you take pictures of the things that interest you?
Do you jot down notes and sketch's on paper napkins?
These are the places where ideas are born.
- Nothing comes from nothing everything is sparked by something else.
- Keep a camera with you all the time, either a small digital camera, or a phone or sometimes I am even aware enough to take along my big digital camera.
- Keep a small note book in your purse and a larger one in your car or carry bag so that if something really catch's your eye you can make a quick note of it and sketch it along with color ideas.
- Keep a journal of pictures and ideas. Cut out pictures from the newspaper or magazines and paste them into a notebook. I just use an Elmer's glue stick you don’t have to be too fussy. Then when nothing seems of interest get out your idea journals and start looking through them, before you know it something will have sparked your interest and you are off and running.
- Print out and put those pictures in there too.