Monday, December 5, 2011

Fa la la la la la RED

040 Anderson

Quilting Arts - GIFTS

Tis the season to be jolly and Christmas Red is the color way to have. This is the color way – fuschia to red- that I used to make the tree skirt for Quilting Arts Gifts.

In the 2011/2012 holiday gifts issue of Quilting Arts, I have contributed two new holiday projects - a fun and easy Fire Screen along with a vibrant and easy Tree Skirt. I hope you will enjoy making these projects for your home which you can use year after year.

I love going into my studio and working with the colors of the season.

  • Plum Pudding - warm fuschia to plum
  • Christmas Red - fuschia to red

You can purchase these new colors individually, in yard pieces or, as my special for the months of Nov/Dec, buy them as a two pack - fat long quarter yards of each color - for just $10.00.

I also have five new patterns for you to play with. They are: Holiday Moments, a collection of small wall art for your holiday pleasure; Christmas Morning, a fun little project to decorate your holiday house; and Sister Trees, Star Lilies and Field Poppies, outdoorsy scenes to brighten your home for the rest of the year. You will enjoy making all 5 of these projects.

Nov/December Special

I love sharing ideas with my students on how they can use their left over fused scraps. I have made a small pattern for a scrap purse that I show at the end of each of my fusing classes. As a very special offer to my customers through Christmas, I am giving this pattern away with every order over $20. This little pattern would make a perfect  gift to that special quilting friend, so take advantage of this special offer.

ART Quilts - Fusible Collage

This past January Laura Wasilowski and I filmed three new episodes with Nancy Zieman of Sewing With Nancy. These episodes began airing this fall. Look for them on your local cable channel. Along with the new TV series is a great wook book from Sewing with Nancy called Art Quilts - Fusible Collage co-authored by Laura Wasilowksi and myself with Nancy Zieman. It contains great projects for you using all of the different collage-style methods of fusing that Laura and I use. You can order the book or DVD here.

nnfl

Laura and I were just up in Wisconsin this past Saturday filming a pledge drive with Nancy. It is always fun to work with Nancy and all the people that put her shows together. I think she should be featured on The Big Bang TV show. Those guys are always talking about sewing and you know they had to watched her on TV!

IMG_0990IMG_0992

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I like to use the Easy Anglel ruler when making hst. Love your hand dyed fabrics.
Carolyn

Print this page