Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Rain


Spring Rain is a quilt that was designed after a trip to Paducah. By the way I am on my way to Paducah right right now!!
I will be in booth #1905 ArtFabrik/FrieStyle, and I certainly hope you stop in and say hello if you are at the show.
Each year when I drive to Paducah, KY for the big quilt show I am inspired by the drive down highway 57. When you leave Chicago it is still cool weather, it hasn't really become warm springlike yet.

As you drive down highway #57 it begins to really feel like spring, often it is raining, spritzing really, and the grass is getting greener and the redbuds are starting to bloom and by the time you get to Paducah spring has sprung and the dogwoods are in bloom and daffodils and tulips have popped up everywhere. I think it is one of the reasons I love the AQS show so much. I love the feeling of spring when you are there.

If you want all of the directions for this quilt, they were published in Fons and Porter magazine in Sept/Oct 2009.
IMG_2904IMG_2905

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a coincidence! I was just re-reading this magazine tonight and sighing over your lovely quilt.

Print this page