Monday, April 11, 2011

Artist Monday

IMG_1074

IMG_1076

I want to share with you an artist who I think is doing some wonderful work.

I went to my quilt group this last Wednesday, I belong to PAQA a group that meets in the Chicago land area. I don’t get there very much because of all the traveling that I do. SO, I really enjoy it when I get to go and see all my quilting buddies.

My friend Darcy Berg was there with some wonderful art for sale. I had to buy this little quilt from her, it was too wonderful. It is mounted on a painted stretcher canvas. It measures about 5” x 5”. It is a picture  that she took and then manipulated in Photoshop. She then printed it on fabric and added more interest and detail with paints and thread. If you would like to see more of her work please go to her website.

If you live in the Chicago land area she will be teaching at the following venue:

Shibori: Dying Texture into Fabric
June 14, 21 and 28, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.

and

Photography Meets Art Quilt
Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
August 2 - 23, 2011

Here's the link to the Hinsdale Center for the Arts: http://www.hinsdalearts.org/

Darcy Berg
http://www.darcyberg.com
http://cleverturtle.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Cedar Ridge Studio said...

Thanks for the information. I have been looking for seminars closer to home since I don't travel so well. Darcy sound like a good choice.

Anonymous said...

While I live too far away to go, I love seeing that beautiful piece! Thank you so much for sharing it! I'll have to check out the sites that you referenced.

Print this page