Thursday, May 27, 2010

Machine Quilting

I had the most pleasant and gratifying experience while going into Quilt Market one morning this past week. A woman stopped me in the hall and introduced herself by saying she took my Machine Quilting class in Des Moines this past fall. She then proceeded to tell me how much she enjoyed it and how she finally got the hang of quilting because of this class and thought that it was the best class she had taken in a long time.

As a teacher this is what you hope to convey to all of your students and it is very rewarding to hear this kind of feed back. I personally have a hard time tooting my own horn.

I will be teaching this class again in the fall at Houston at the IQF show the first of November. If you have been wanting to improve your machine quilting skills here is your chance. Last year the class filled really fast and I hope if you are planning on going to the show that you get a chance to take this class if it is on your list. Go on line early to register.

fanderson_jack_detail

“Woodland Treasures II” machine quilted with #30 weight rayon thread and YLI silk thread on cotton and silk fabric.

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful quilting. What is the scale on this closeup? The leaves seem so tiny!

Print this page