Monday, May 31, 2010

Joan Ladendorf

This holiday weekend was full of friends and time outside. I hope everyone had a relaxing enjoyable holiday.

I had a reconnecting moment with an old friend this weekend. My DH clipped ads for local art fairs out of the paper. He can be so surprising after all these years.  On our way to the store we made a stop at one of the fairs. As we were walking through the artists booth I was automatically drawn into this booth.

joanladendorf

Turns out this art is made from fiber and unexpectedly from a former member of PAQAJoan Ladendorf.  I had not seen Joan in years, so I went up and reintroduced myself. She said of course she remembered me, but I wanted to make sure. I am terrible myself with names and really appreciate when people remind me who they are where I know them from. Anyway her work has really evolved since the days when I knew her, it was a real pleasure to see her new work and to visit with her in the heat of the day. Life is full of wonderful surprises.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Joan's work is gorgeous. Hope your re-introduction proves to be a good experience for both of you.

Ali Honey said...

I like that and found Joan's work on her site very exciting. Thanks.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

And thanks for reintroducing her. Her name didn't ring a bell until you talked about her.
I, too, remember her now.

Print this page