Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Splintering Light

I often ask people to send me images of their quilts if they use my hand dyed fabrics in the process of making them.

Recently I received this image from Carol.

Here is what she said about the quilt and the fabrics.

The quilt is made with small "chips" of the silks, fused onto a background, and the tree is cotton with cotton thread embellishment.  Throughout the piece, long slender "splinters" of holographic thread accent the background.
Your and Laura's silks are amazing.  I nicknamed them my stash of liquid color.
Your artistry is much admired.  I hope to meet you someday.
Best wishes,
Carol

splinteringlight5quickfix
It is truly a magnificent quilt.

Thanks for sharing Carol!



4 comments:

giddy99 said...

WOW. I'm agog.

Danih03 said...

It is stunning!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful quilt!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Print this page