Frieda, Laura and Nancy this past month doing the pledge drive.
And I am so happy PBS has announced that Sewing With Nancy has been chosen for a PBS app for Apple products—iPad, iPhone, and iPod. Still in the trial stage, the app is available through the Wisconsin Public TV site.
Here are the directions to use the app.
Watch Sewing With Nancy on your iPad, iPod or iPhone!
I’m happy to announce that we’ve partnered with PBS to bring you Sewing With Nancy on the PBS app for iPads, iPods, and iPhones! The app is free, all you need is an internet connection to watch the latest episodes. The videos have been specially built for the iPad screen; we hope you think they look terrific.
The initial setup process is a little wonky – it requires you to “localize” the app to Wisconsin Public Television, where I film the show. We’re working with PBS to make this better, but for now here’s how to get my show on your device anywhere in the U.S.:
iPad users can download the app here:
- After you’ve installed the app, in the upper left corner click “select station.”
- Select “Find by Zip” and enter 54481. (This may not be your zip code, but please enter this number.)
- Select “Over the Air” and then click the Wisconsin Public Television logo.
- In the left column menu, choose “Programs” and scroll down to Sewing With Nancy. You’re all set!
- After you’ve installed the app, in the bottom right corner click “More” and then the “Settings” tab at the top.
- Click “Select New Station.” In the upper left corner you’ll see a link titled “Location.” Click that.
- Click the “Find By Zip” link and enter 54481. (This may not be your zip code, but please enter this number.)
- Scroll to the bottom to select “Over the Air” and then click WPT 38.
- In the bottom menu, choose “Programs” and scroll down to Sewing With Nancy. You’re all set!
This is our latest project with Nancy, the book and DVD are on sale this month on my website for 20% off, just in case you don't WANT to down the app but would rather have us all to yourself!