Monday, August 1, 2011

Artist Monday

My good friend Tommy Fitzsimmons has been working on a series that I think is just amazing. I love these pieces.

DSC_0284

thelineuptf

The LineUp

the queue 28 30 tfthequeuetf

The Queue 28” x 30”

Here is what she says about the inspiration for these pieces;

The inspiration was just using the Elmers gel glue as a resist and freehand
drawing with it.  I have been making these resist pieces and then their larger
pieced counterparts since January and LOVE the freedom of the process.  I have
not made a piece this way that I haven't liked and therefore none have been rejected.
I can't say that about all my work.  To date, starting this past January, I have made 11 resist
whole cloth quilts and completed 9 and one half of the reproduced pieced work.  It seems
to make me work more than in the past.

candyland 

Candy land smaller resist piece.

DSC_0229

Larger pieced version.

lorenabobbitt

Lorena Bobbitt

lorenalorena

Lorena Lorena

theeyeshave it

The eyes have it.

whatbigeyes

What big eyes the larger pieced version.

hillanddalesmaller hill and daletrees

and larger Mountian and Roy 33 1/2 x35

2 comments:

Paula said...

me Encanta♥.!!!!!!!!!!
Felicitaciones por tus obras, son excelentes.
besos desde Argentina

Frieda Anderson said...

♥ I love .!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your works are excellent.
kisses from Argentina

Print this page