Monday, August 8, 2011

Artist Monday Stephanie Nordlin

Featured Artist Stephanie Nordlin is a self-confessed “Fabric-aholic” with an impressive portfolio of award-winning quilts and wearables. See more of her work by visiting her website.

Stephanie writes; I am currently working on the Reconstructive SergerE  line of one-of-a-kind jackets for fall runway/boutique sales. My Blank Slate Jacket pattern is the basis of the designs, and is available for sale. I add yummy ribbon, buttons, beads and embroidery to make each one special. I like using Laura Wasilowski's hand dyed perle cotton to coordinate with the various repurposed fabrics used in the jackets. This one has snow dyed silk/rayon velvet sleeves.

I recently saw India Flint lecture at the Surface Design Associates convention in Minneapolis on her Eco Color dyeing and was bitten by the bug. My eyes are always searching for plants along the roadway and in the yard to use. I just made my first bundles and steamed them, but according to her book I should wait to see the outcome...the longer the better. We'll see how long I can stand it! I've used false indigo, weeping willow, geranium, purple leaf sand cherry and rose leaves to start.

Stephanie Nordlin
Stephanie Nordlin Design

www.stephanienordlin.com

http://twitter.com/SNordlinDesign

DSCN2455DSCN2457DSCN2460

A 2002 graduate of Fashion Design from Harper College in Palatine, Illinois, she studied various embellishment techniques which she uses in her award winning garments.

Her newest garment, “Black Ice“ has been accepted by  IQA  for the Houston show.

Black Ice front

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the garments, and those little bundles. It would be interesting to see how they come out.

Print this page