Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas ornament


Years ago when I used to "make" Christmas gifts I made up a slue of these fabric strip Christmas trees. This one has decorative stitches to emulate garland and is flat with a pin on the back to be won as a decorative pin on your cloths. I also added beads as lights and the angle button on the top. I also made this design and then stuffed it and put a ribbon on the top so they could be hung on your tree. The design is from Quilters Newsletter Magazine sometime in the 90's. It is a great little gift and so easy to make and use up all kinds of scraps in the process.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

I used to work with someone who made us these nice little gifts each year. I always think fondly of her when I put them out still.

Leslie said...

I made a few of those Christmas tree ornaments, but they're not half as pretty as yours. The "garland" and "lights" really add a nice touch,and your fabric choices are quite beautiful.

Print this page