Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Quilting Arts TV Table Runner

The episode that I contributed last year to Quilting Arts TV has been running around the country. I have been getting alot a questions concerning the construction of this project. I got sick at the last minute and was unable to do the filming myself and my best buddy Laura Wasilowski was a great stand in for me.
I used the simpliest of methods to construct the table runner, it is all raw edged fused. I used a "WAVY" decorative blade to cut out the leaves and stems and then fused them to fabric that had been fused to the batting. I then did large stippling all over the design. Because I fused the background to the batting I only had to place pins very sparingly around the surface to hold the front and the back together while quilting it. Even the binding was fused and free motioned zigzaged along the wavy edge to make sure it all stays put. I have washed it over and over again and it frays alittle around the designs but that was the intend when I made it. It was a very fun and fast project. Here is the link to Frieda Anderson’s table runner pattern from the Quilting Arts TV show. http://www.quiltingartstv.com/projects/300/306/306-1.htm .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dionne said...

Your table runner is beautiful, I remember that episode with Laura Wasilowski. Thank you for the link!
Cheers,
Dionne

Yolypatch said...

Yesterday I discovered Laura Wasilowski in the net, and now I found your blog and gallery: I love everything you do!!!!!
Thank you for the table runner explains
Best regards
Yolande
ps: sorry for my bad english...

Print this page