Thursday, June 12, 2008

Morning walk in the Garden


George and I went out today to the garden for the first time in a week . We have had such rain and crummy weather I haven't been able to go out with my morning coffee to check out my flowers and pull a few weeds.
We saw some beautiful flowers and this lovely friend. I will have to look up what kind of butterfly it is. Or if anyone knows, please tell me. It let me get rather close to take this picture before it flew away.

I am resigned this year to not spending much time out in the garden, I have booked myself so full that I am missing out on weeding and digging. But of course there is always next year!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

The butterfly is a swallowtail, they come in a black version too, I love watching them flit around.

Unknown said...

There are quite a few of those swallowtails here as well. In the black colorways as well. Your garden looks lovely! More rain on the way tonight unfortunatly.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I go in cylcles too, some years lots of gardening, other years hardly any. The perennials are great for people like us.

Print this page