Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aspen Autumn Night

One of my students from “Quilting Adventures” just sent me this note and picture, so of course I wanted to share it.

I am attaching a picture of the piece.  It is called Aspen Autumn Night.  You pushed me so much to create this little piece.  And, I am most grateful for it.  I used 40 wt Sulky Rayon as I had the best color selection in that weight.  Around the trees and the leaves, I used the triple stitch, guiding it at a very slow speed with the needle down.  It gave a better outline, more embroidery like.  With this weight thread, I think it worked better.  The blue sky, the grass and the fill in the gold/brown are all free motion.  I hope you enjoy this.  I know I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be but this piece does show that I can get better.  It would not have happened without your training and encouragement.  Thank you so much.

mona

Nice job Mona!!

No comments:

Print this page