Advantages Of Madeira Classic Rayon Include:
- Brilliant color with a silky luster
- Smooth running and knot free
- Available in 12, 30, 40 and 60 weights
- Available in solid, shaded and multi-colors
- Colorfast with high tensile strength
- Maintains its soft "hand" even when the stitch count is high
- Excellent washing and dry cleaning properties
It also comes in such yummy colors.
Notice that I use scotch tape to keep my thread from spooling out all over the place. I have tried all kinds of things to keep it from unraveling and this works well for me. I do use my threads all the time so the tape doesn’t get gummy and each time I put it back I use a new piece of tape. Scotch tape is pretty inexpensive to have and use.
When I quilt with this thread I use a size 90 embroidery needle.
I also don’t have this thread standing or laying down on or in my machine. I put it in a cup that sits behind my machine and then feed it up through the thread guide. Why you may ask do I do this? I started doing this a long time ago before my machine had a thread feeder and have gotten in the habit of doing this, I fine it lets the thread feed naturally and never puddles or tangles when I am quilting.
I used the 30 weight thread to outline all the design elements in this quilt. I used the 30# to do the feathers and the detail on the Jack in the Pulpit.