Friday, March 21, 2008

Winter Forest


I have been on the road so much in the last 3 weeks, I don't know if I blogged this new quilt. It is entitled "Winter Forest" and is about 35" x 25". The background behind the trees is silk and the rest is a yard of cotton graded from lime to violet. It has already been traveling and will travel again in a few weeks when it goes off to the Denver National Quilt Festival May 1-4. The Chicago School of Fusing will have a traveling exhibit at this show. So if you are in the area you should check it out. Mancuso's always have a great show.

Yesterday I was walking in the woods with George and really enjoying the fact that spring was on it's way. I saw and heard the robins, which is always a good sign, and then this morning we get an inch of snow. Of fickle weather. The paper this morning says the latest known snow fall was recorded in June of 1910. Let's hope this year doesn't go that far with snow still coming down.

On a positive note. I discovered the most wonderful new product. Puffs Kleenex has a new line with Vick's added to it. Just a hit of the wonderful smelling nose clearer upper. I feel in love while dealing with this last terrible cold. Check it out the next time you get a sniffle.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cj said...

"Winter Forest" is stunning!!!

Admin said...

very godd /:

Print this page