Thursday, December 27, 2007

Washington at Christmas

Visiting George
Visiting Abe
Remembering loved ones

Visiting the first George
We visited my niece this Christmas who lives outside of Washington DC. I am ashamed to say my kids had never been to our capitol, so we spent several days in the city doing the tourist thingy. I am really glad we did this on several accounts, first of all there were very few other tourist, so it made touring the sites a real pleasure. Secondly it made all of us incredibly appreciative of being American. OK the patriotism overwhelmed us and I am proud of our country and our countries accomplishments. Thirdly it was great to be on vacation with just my kids and spending quality time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, viewing our national monuments. We had a great time and saw marvelous sites. After spending the day being inspired by our countries achievements it was also great to go back to my nieces house and hang with other family members.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Print this page