Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Quilters Party



We are having a quilters party at Laura's today. I will post pictures later.

I was asked to participate in a book by an English author several years ago. It is entitled
Quilted Planet: A Sourcebook of Quilts from Around the World
by Celia Eddy
I had never seen the book. But about a week ago Melody
emailed to say she was at her local library and came across the book and was looking through it and saw my quilt. So that prompted me to go to my library and request the book.
The quilt that is featured in there sold years ago and I haven't seen it in person since. It is entitled "Walks in the Woods" and is in the section on contemporary American quilts, it is pieced and measures about 60" x 70".

I enjoyed seeing the book and think it is an interesting account of the history of quilting. I may just have to buy it from Amazon for Christmas.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Frieda

I'm glad you're back. What a bummer having your password stolen.

The quilt "Walks in the Woods" appears on page 30 in issue 396 of Quilters Newsletter. I just bought this magazine yesterday. Supply of this magazine can be erratic here in NewZealand so I am a bit behind the times. I love it when I recognise someone's quilt.

Print this page