Monday, June 14, 2010

Landscapes

Landscapes have been fascinating me for awhile now. I have been enchanted with my Midwest horizons for years. I have been pointing my camera out the window at cornfields and soybean fields as I drive down the interstates. I have been sketching them in my sketch books as my husband drives. The most visible of these landscapes is the one on the cover of my new book “Fabric to Dye ForIllinois Landscapes.FAIllinoislandscape

image-2IMG_0070

But I have made many others as well and am getting ready to do a series on weeds. Here are just a few of my recent landscapes.

fanderson_inthefield In the fields

And two from an upcoming exhibit called Midwest Meditations

 landscape1 landscape2

I will be teaching a class on Little Landscapes in September at the Indian Summer Quilt Show and Conference to be held September 24-26 at the Holiday INN in Fargo ND. I hope if you are in the area you will join us.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm really enjoying looking at these pieces, especially at your non-traditional use of color and the way you set a mood. Thank you!

Diane J. Evans said...

Love the way you do the skies, Frieda -- and your book really is an inspiration for me to try a landscape.

Diane

Print this page