How to transfer a design without reversing it.
This is very easy with fusible web on the back of your fabric. WonderUnder is on sale on my website this month.
Follow along the pictures below. This is from my book Fabric to Dye For, a little quilt called Daily Walks, a quilt about George, my dog. You could make this a portrait of your dog instead, just change how the dog looks a little to look like your mutt.
1. Apply fusible web to the back of your pre-washed fabric with a hot dry iron.
2. Allow fusible web to cool.
3. Peel off the “release” paper, that is the paper that sits on top of the fusible web.
4. Place the release paper over your design.
5. Use a sharp pencil or extra fine sharpie marker and trace design on top of release paper.
6. Place the marker side of the design against the fused side of the fabric and press with a hot dry iron.
7. Marker will transfer to the back of your fabric.
8. Cut out design and apply it where it belongs.