Saturday, January 19, 2008

Batik collection


This week I traveled to Clarkston MI to lecture at the quilt guild there. On the way home I decided to make a small detour to the town of Shipsewana IN. This is an Amish town with a great general store in the middle of town. It had been years since I had been there and I was in the mood to do something just for me. The town is only about 12 miles off of Interstate 80, so I planned my trip back to stop in town. I hit town around noon and went straight to Yoder's General Store. This is the way all stores should be, inside the building was divided down the middle with a long aisle. On the right was a nice grocery store and next to it was the perfect hardware store. They had wonderful farming and canning items as well as all the little do dads that 5 and Dimes used to carry. On the left side of the aisle was a shoe store, with all the name brands, a general mercantile store, with clothes and towels and table clothes and finally a great FABRIC store. After treating myself to a few fabrics I went over and walked thru the huge antique barn next door. Disappointedly I did not find any hankies.

Several years ago I started collected batiks again. I just love the simple patterns and colors of batiks and had stopped using them in my own work. But I decided that I needed to make myself a bed quilt and started collecting. The picture at the top are the ones I find this trip.
When I look at all the ones I have I realize that each time I buy I am attracted to a different color scheme. I will have to make multiple bed quilts. I keep watching Wanda's site to find a pattern that I just must make with these fabulous fabrics. Stay tuned.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Martha said...

I took your workshop in Austin and since then I like to read your blog and see your work for inspiration.
I used to live near Clarkston, Mi before moving to Austin a couple of yrs. ago. Four of the quilts on my page are made with batiks. I love buying them but then I have a hard time cutting them up. Go figure!
Good luck with finding a cool pattern.
http://www.delsolquilts.com/gallery.shtml#

Martha said...

Just for the record...It is actually 5 quilts I have made using batiks...

Sue said...

I hope you hit the 'downtown' area while you were there, too. Lolly's Fabrics and Rebecca Haarer's quilt shop are too great to miss!

Nikki said...

Beautiful fabrics. I can see why you can't resist collecting them.

The store sounds great. We use to have a very small version in our town when I was growing up. In high school it was replaced by a Safeway. Life was never the same.

Violette Severin said...

I am jealous! I love going to Yoder's in Shipshawanna. It is a little overwhelming though coz their fabric dept. Has 10,000 bolts of fabric. Hope you had lunch at Das Essen Haus. Its the best restaurant in town.

Admin said...

msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri

free link directory
e-directorylive
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
test atölyesi
testatölyesi
test atölyesi
testatölyesi
Msn Nickleri
free warez
Msn avatarları
free wordpress templates
free wordpress themes
free wp themes
free wp themes
free wp templates
blogger tips template
blogger template
blogger themes
free blogger templates
free blogger themes
wordpress templates
blogger templates

sandbox
msn nickleri
webmaster
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
dmoz
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
msn nickleri
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması

dmoz
alexa
alparslan pehlivan
seo uzmanı
seo
iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması



msn nickleri
msn nickleri
freewaresmania
msn nickleri
msn
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
todd livingston
aşk şiirleri
aşk şiirleri
haberler
haberler
evden eve nakliyat
evden eve nakliyat
e-okul
health articles
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
credito
pret
msn nicknames
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
hilary duff
lazer epilasyon
lazer epilasyon
ramazan ayı
msn nickleri
msn spitznamen
msn nickleri
hayal bahçesi
şarkı sözleri
seo yarışması
msn nickleri
gafoloji
msn nickleri
msn nickleri


msn nickleri
tsubasa
ev dekorasyon

msn nickleri

yeni msn nickleri

msn avatarları

komik msn nickleri

delikanlı msn nickleri

güzel msn avatarları

şekilli msn nickleri

msn avatarları

beşiktaş nickleri
aşk sevgi nickleri
duygusal msn nickleri
damardan nickler
dini nickler
nefret nickleri
nickler
rap nickleri
webmaster
backlink
kaiser_dealxa
alparslan pehlivan
pagerank
seo
msn nickleri
romantik nickler
yalnızlık nickleri
yazılı msn avatarları
yeni msn nickler

dantel örgü modelleri
dantel oya modelleri
webmaster
alexa
supremacyshowtime
aşk nickleri
bebek nickleri
msn avatarları
webmaster
Kahraman Türkler
civciv
hayalbahcesi
Msn Nickleri
msn ifadeleri
Msn Nickleri
Msn Nickleri
msn nickleri
toddplivingston
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
basketbol
borsa
haberler
spor
müzik
iç haberler
futbol
yusuf
yusuf
yusuf
leylek
msn nickleri
msn nickleri
health articles
gaftv
gafoloji
warez



[code]Msn Nickleri[/code][code]
webmaster[/code][code]
Kahraman Türkler[/code][code]
civciv[/code][code]
hayalbahcesi[/code][code]
Msn Nickleri[/code][code]
msn ifadeleri[/code][code]
Msn Nickleri[/code][code]
Msn Nickleri[/code][code]
msn nickleri[/code][code]
toddplivingston[/code][code]
msn nickleri[/code][code]
msn nickleri[/code][code]
msn nickleri[/code]
[code]
msn nickleri[/code]
[code]
basketbol[/code]
[code]
borsa[/code]
[code]
dış haberler[/code]
[code]
futbol[/code]
[code]
haberler[/code]
[code]
iç haberler[/code]
[code]
müzik[/code]
[code]
spor[/code]
[code]
voleybol[/code]
[code]
tarih[/code]
[code]
teknoloji[/code]
[code]
blogger themes[/code]
[code]
blogy navideno themes[/code]
[code]
msn nickleri[/code]
[code]
darlehen[/code]
[code]
health articles[/code]
[code]
grup hepsi[/code]


"iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması"

Msn avatarları


"iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması"

"iyinet webmaster forumu 2008 seo yarışması"

msn

hayalbahcesi
forum merkezi
muhabbet
oyun merkezi
genel bilgiler
-
hayalbahcesi

hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
hayalbahcesi
forum
komik
msn avatarları
tsubasa
vbulletin
aşk
sevgi

Print this page