Monday, July 4, 2011

Artist Monday - Jan Myers Newbury

Today I want to introduce you to Jan Myers Newbury. I meet Jan for the first time this year at the North Carolina Quilt Symposium. I have been a HUGE fan for years. We didn’t get to spend a lot of time together, but I really really liked her as a person. You know how that happens sometimes, you just click. It’s probably the color thing. I love color and so does she. When I am dyeing fabric I can’t wait to see how each piece of fabric is going to turn out and I guess she is the same way.

Anyway, I hope you will visit her site and look around, she makes amazing work. If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with her don’t pass it up.

IMGP1596

Wildfire 2008

2 comments:

Julie Bagamary said...

Thanks. Her work is beautiful! Great use of directional shibori!

Gayle from MI said...

Thanks!
Great eye candy for my birthday.

Print this page