Friday, February 12, 2010

Rust Tex Exhibit

 
I have a wonderful new series going. It is all about Jack in the Pulpits. The center background of this quilt is made with Lois Jarvis's rust tex fabric that I over dyed. The border is my hand dyed cotton satin and the jack it self is all my hand dyed silk.
This is my entry that was accepted in to the Rust Tex Exhibit that will be premiering at the;
Spring International Quilt Festival in Chicago April 16-18, 2010 
and will travel to
the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, England August 20-23, 2010.

I will have a booth at both of these shows so I hope you will stop by and see me in the booth at BOTH shows.

3 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

A beautiful piece, Frieda -- congratulations on the exhibits!

Diane

Gayle from MI said...

See you in Chicago!

sophie said...

Your choice of color to use to over dye the rust tex fabric turned it into verdigris. It's beautiful (as is the quilt!)

Print this page