Monday, February 11, 2008

Lars and Megan's quilt


My son Lars asked me in August to make him a quilt for his new apartment in Boston. I finally finished it! Winter is almost over, but there is always next year. He and Megan decided they want it to be Blue, and Blue and White. So first I had to buy the white and more light blue because I like really intense colors and didn't really have any lighter shades. Then I had to decide what pattern to make. I decided to use a pattern out of Pat Speth's book, More Nickel Quilts. She calls it Streak of Lightning. It is a scrapy quilt, but I wish I had placed the white in certain areas to see the pattern develope more noticably. I know they will enjoy it no matter what. It turned out huge 100 x 100 so it will fit on queen or king.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely gift! This had to be a major undertaking and it turned out beautifully!

Print this page