Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Leaf–table runner

I did a post last month about making this table runner.



Mary sent me these pictures just this week. I thought I would share.

My local guild, The Rippers, had a "Christmas Gift Challenge" where we were given a bag with one piece of fabric and an information slip with a member's name and preferences.  We were to add fabrics to what they gave us and make a gift for them for our Christmas Party tomorrow.  The fabric in the bag that I got is what I used for the background and backing on this table runner.  If I were to make one without the restriction that the challenge placed on me, I would have made it either from hand dyes or batiks plus I would have made the leaves "fatter".   Thanks again for the pattern!  I enjoyed making the table runner and it was a perfect fit for the fabric that I was given to work with. 

Hugs,
Mary

Table Runner C
Table Runner Quilting Detail C

Nice job Mary, and good combination of fabrics. Oh and by the way - nicely quilted Smile

Happy Quilting today.






2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

She did a beautiful job on it and I am sure it will look gorgeous on the table.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Frieda for the much appreciated compliments! It was the first of the gifts to be opened that day, and the recipient loved it. Thank you again...

Print this page