Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just a little bragging

I just received this email from one of my students at PIQF. I just had to share.
If you can’t crow about yourself sometimes – who can!!

Hello,
I attended your class, Sunset Pines, at PIQF this year and was totally delighted with my experience in your classroom.  Your class was fun, informative, and quite inspirational.  I have never made a fused art quilt before and found your techniques, fabrics, and patterns very well done. 

The class was fun and well lead.  When I first got into your classroom, I was a bit nervous about working "frie style" with my cutting and piecing, but I was willing to give it a try.  By the end of the class, I actually did feel much freer with my work and was having a good time without stress.  I also saw that there probably aren't any mistakes with this type of project, just more design opportunities.  I completed fusing the trees on my background the next day.  I still need to quilt it, but I'm sure this project won't end up in my UFO stack.

This was one of the very best classes I've ever taken at PIQF.  I hope you will come back again next year.  I will be sure to sign up for whatever you teach in the future.

Thanks for a great experience in 2012.
Sincerely,

Peggy D.
fanderson_sunset_full

Wasn’t that nice. It will make me smile all day long.
Happy Quilting Today!!








5 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

what a great letter! Congratulations. It is always nice to keep these on hand to cheer up a bad day, too!!
I have your book..would love to take a class someday too.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

How nice! We all need a nice comment every so often to make our day. The quilt is just as beautiful as the kind words she wrote. I'm smiling for you!

Chris Chambers said...

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I attended one of your lectures in Southern California last year. I didn't intend to try fusing, but after your talk, I changed my mind. (Your workshop the next day was sold out.) I purchased a pattern and a friend and I had a ball with your techniques and beautiful fabrics. I would definitely recommend one of your lectures/workshops for some stress-free fun and learning. Hope you come back to SoCal soon.

Gill said...

Congratulations! and what a lovely letter!
Great quilt!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful letter. You must be a great instructor in person. I've learned so much from you on the blog alone, that I would jump at the chance to take one of your classes.

Print this page