Monday, May 21, 2012

Trumpeting Spring

The weather here in Chicago land has turned really nice. We are enjoying warm and sunny days with very little humidity. A real gift.

That will all change as the summer progresses, but we aren’t in summer yet.

This past week I taught up in Saginaw MI. We did one of my favorite classes; Trumpeting Spring.

It is one of my favorite because it is a fusing class about Spring Flowers. I am so happy when the flowers begin to bloom in the early spring. I am always ready for warm weather and bright colors. I want to be outside in the sunshine like the flowers after the long cold winter.

FriedaAndersonTulips
Tulips
And Daffodils

Yellow and blue are so happy together. Caryl Bryer Fallert bought a version of Daffodils to hang in her yellow and blue studio. Are you a quilt collector too?

IMG_0018

Tulips and Daffodils are the two patterns students made in class. Bright, cheery and fun. The ideas and inspiration for these two little quilts came from my own garden.

My garden spans the whole width of my back yard and I have Tulips and Forget Me Knots all over the garden in different places.
IMG_0003

There are beds of daffodils also in the garden, but I have a great big bed of them under the family room window that faces south west. These are the very first flowers to bloom in the spring. I always pick a big bunch to have on my kitchen table to make me smile.

IMG_0268

Here are a few pictures from class. Everyone had such a good time and did such a beautiful job. Of course my gorgeous hand dyed fabrics always make these so beautiful.

IMG_2732
IMG_2733
IMG_2739
I hope you have a bright, cheery and fun quilting week.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cheery sight those quilts are! It's the perfect thing to make me forget our heat advisory, as we are likely to be up around 108-110 today.

Print this page