Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Making kits and machine quilting

I am working on machine quilting a triptych. I am quilting the last panel. It isn’t difficult quilting but I am really bored with it. I am currently listening to Laurie King’s The Language of Bees and it keeps my behind in the chair to work on this.

IMG_1304

These are all the tails from working today.

I am also getting ready for the fall classes and shows. I realized Laura and I are vending at two shows this fall, plus all our teaching engagements, so for a change I am trying to be prepared ahead of time. I will be spending 10 days in August with the DGC and I need to get all the fabric dyed for these events. Here are yesterdays kits lined up and waiting to go into their bags.

IMG_1305

On the right are kits for Autumn Mums 1 1/4 yards of blackened rainbow fabric plus 1/4 yard Frieda green and 5 1/8 yards of flower colors.

Next to that are 1/2 yards of red to lime green for Field Poppies.

On the right are 1/4 yards of Grass greens for all kinds of patterns and finally 1/2 yards of turquoise, 1/4 yard of blues and 1/4 yards of yellows for Daffodils. I keep busy don’t you think?

No comments:

Print this page