Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trilliums

IMG_0002
30” x 40”
The Trilliums are starting to come up in the woods. I LOVE these woodland flowers. This is the first quilt I made of their image.
Here are a few more.
ptrillium2pattern
IMG_0451

When I first starting making this design, I used my rainbow stripe fabric. It just takes ONE yard of rainbow stripe to make this wonderful woodland design. It is my favorite, of my patterns.
IMG_0022
IMG_0026
IMG_0056
This is how trilliums really look in the woods. Notice all the dead leaves that they are growing up out of? These are white oak leaves. I love them, and put them in a lot of my pieces.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love seeing how the difference in color choice can give a totally different feel to the same pattern.

Emily said...

These are absolutely beautiful! I'm a big fan of Trilliums too... next quilt for you... Trout Lily!

Print this page