Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thanks for a great workshop!!

A couple of my students have recently sent me photos of project that they did in classes. I always like to post student work here are two.
At Houston Quilt Festival I promised to send you a photo of the quilt I started in your class in Dallas in September 2008 (if I remember the date correctly!) and finished almost a year later, so finally, here it is!
I had such fun that day in your workshop! The result is a special little quilt that now hangs in my Mom’s room at the nursing home where she lives. For my leaf “pattern” I used leaves from a tree planted by my father’s students in his memory: a green ash, because he was a plant physiologist and had done research on the ash. Since the tree is on a northeastern university campus and we are here in Texas it’s a little reminder of my father.
Thanks for a great workshop!!  Ragi
ragimoreno
Thanks this is really lovely, I love the quilting in the piece and I am sure your mom loves it too.
I have completed the small wallhanging - Blue Trees - that I started in the class with you at Houston. Anne P.
annahouston2010
Nice job Anne.

1 comment:

cj said...

Stunning! Love the texture in the quilting!

Print this page