Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Inspiration

Hi, Frieda!
We met in Houston, at your booth.  I'm a member of Quilters Anonymous in Edmonds, WA.  You spoke to our guild last January, and I found your talk quite inspiring.  I needed to make a challenge quilt for our show in March, and needed to make it fairly quickly.  I hadn't done a lot of fusing, but decided to try it with this quilt.  There's definitely a learning curve, but I had a lot of fun with it.  It won best of challenge theme, as well as second best challenge quilt.  I also entered it into the Western Washington fair, where it won a second place in its category, which came with a whopping $15.00 check.
Thank you again for your inspiring talk, and for the nudge to try something new.
Mary Ellen     Seattle, WA
P.S.  This is my original design.

IMG_5817

Laura and I, as always, had a great time in Houston. It is always so fun to see everybody. We will be in Des Moines next week, be sure and come by the booth. I am going to bring lots of Maderia #30 weight rayon thread to sell as well as all the fabulous fabrics, patterns, and silk. See you there!

No comments:

Print this page