Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Student work

I always tell my students that if they send me pictures of their work I'll post it on the blog. This is not a quilt that we did in class, it is a project that Janie brought to class at the Indiana Quilt Heritage show back in March. She wanted to get advice on quilting it after she took my machine quilting class. I love the frogs and she says it is is called SPLASH DANCE. It's from a book by Cathy Wierzbicki , Twosey-Foursey Quilts. I am always watching for CUTE baby quilts as Lars and Megan are getting married next year and I know I will be making baby quilts soon.
Dear Frieda, I finally finished quilting the baby quilt I showed you
after class at the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show. Your ideas for
quilting worked out great! My camera skills are not very good so I
sent you a few different shots and hope you can see the quilting
stitches. I was very happy with the results and want to thank you
again for your help.
ALSO, I LOVE YOUR BLOG !! You are truly blessed to have such a
talented and fun group of friends to share your art with !! I enjoy
learning from all of you.
Looking forward to meeting you again someday !
Janie

Hi Frieda,

Thought I’d send along pictures of my class project from your recent workshop. This was a gift to my kids’ fabulous kindergarten teacher. She was delighted to receive it. Thanks again for a wonderful day!

Michele

This is Michele's project from IA. I love the label on the back of the quilt and the free form leaves on the front. Great job!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Print this page