Saturday, December 29, 2007

Museums

The American Indian Museum was my favorite this trip. It is a beautifully designed and visitor friendly museum. The displays were gorgeous, unfortunately I don't have any pictures from inside as my son had the camera, but trust me if you go to DC this is a must. All the textiles that are here are fantastic a real treat for the eyes.
These are the glass doors to the AIM with symbols etched into them. They are very heavy and quite beautiful.
Sculpture from the Hirshorn Museum of Modern Art. It's always important to have your hands on a naked lady.
Henry Moore is by far my favorite sculptor. I have a picture of me in 1975 in front of one of his sculptures in London, I'll see if I can't dig it out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

That nude makes me feel a lot better about my figure. Thanks for including that picture.
Now I know I am ARTWORK.

Print this page